- Last Updated on Tuesday, 01 April 2014 15:02
- Published on Tuesday, 01 April 2014 14:36
- Hits: 3915
Sleeping Together vs Sleeping Together
198 women and 384 men have answered
How often do you and your spouse go to bed at the same time?
5 or 6 nights a week
3 or 4 nights a week
1 or 2 nights a week
less than once a week
- Those married over 16 years were less likely to answer 5-7 nights a week than other couples were by almost 20%. Men who answered the survey were older and married longer than women were. This explains the gender difference shown above.
How often do you and your spouse have sex?
Less than once a month
1 or 2 times a month
3 or 4 times a month
1 or 2 times a week
3 or 4 times a week
5 or 6 times a week
more than 7 times a week
The correlation: Sexual frequency vs going to bed together
This chart compares sexual frequency with how often a couple goes to bed together. Each coloured line is how often they go together at the same time.
- The pink line is those who go to bed at the same time every night. This group has higher rates of sex than others do.
- The blue-green line is those who go to bed at the same time less than once a week. This group has the lowest rate of sex.
- The light blue line is those who go to bed together 5 or 6 times a week. This group has the second highest rate of sex.
- Daily sex is rare for all but those who go to bed together every night.
- Note: Due to too few answers in the more than daily sex category, it was left off this chart.
There is a clear correlation between going to bed as the same time and having more sex. What has not been proven is cause and effect.
- It seems likely going to bed together increases the odds of sex.
- Sexual problems probably results in some couples not going to bed at the same time.
- A strong healthy relationship likely pulls a couple to both more sex and wanting to go to bed together.